Ash Wednesday is February 17, 2021. Lent is a time of repentance and of uniting ourselves to Christ during his 40 days in the desert. During this sacred season, we invite you to reflect on how caring for our neighbor is caring for Christ.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, thirsty and you gave me drink (Matthew 25:35).
Please consider these suggestions in your parish Lenten plan and share them on your website or your bulletins.
- Have a curbside pick up event for Rice Bowls.
- Download a virtual Rice Bowl, Lenten Calendar, a World Missions Projects booklet or other free materials (available in English and Spanish). Please visit crsricebowl.org, crsplatodearroz.org, or catholicfoundationgb.org/projects to find these resources and more.
- Lenten devotions, reflections and prayers.
- Lesson plans, videos and activity sheets for families.
- Ideas for in-person or virtual parish gatherings and simple meatless recipes and events.
- Be creative and have your parish support a mission project of your choosing, be the hands of Christ by devoting your Lenten prayers, fasting and alms to change the lives of those who suffer in poverty.
Below are links to resources for World Mission Services. Resources include the Consolidated Collection Calendar, the current Projects Available Booklet, and other World Mission Services Materials.
Holy Land Collection – April 2, 2021
PDF – Bishop Ricken Holy Land Collection Letter
USCCB Voluntary Bishops Disaster Relief Fund
PDF – Letters from the USCCB president and Bishop of Lake Charles
Word – Just for Kids Art/Essay Application Form
PDF – World Mission Services Mission Cards
PDF – Missionary Childhood Association Works of Mercy
PDF – World Mission Prayer Cards
PDF – Saint Bingo
PDF – Water Maze
PDF – Word Search St. Francis Xavier Grades 3-5
PDF – Word Search St. Francis Xavier Grades 6-8
PDF – Word Search St. Therese of Lisieux
PDF – How much water does your family use?
PDF – Sister Dorothy Stang Prayer Reflection
PowerPoint – As Delivered Sister Dorothy Stang Prayer
If you have questions, please email or call Cindy St. Aubin at 920.272.8192. Thank you for your prayers and generous support of these collections.