The Advancing the Mission stewardship campaign was conducted in each parish of the Diocese of Green Bay beginning in 2005. The campaign asked each person to consider stewardship as a way of life and their commitment to prayer, service, and sharing.
The sharing portion of the campaign addressed these five key areas of need:
- Vibrant Parish Ministry — Evaluating parish and community needs and prayerfully developing a plan to meet those needs.
- Leadership Development — Providing essential training for lay leaders in various parish ministries.
- Evangelization — Providing the tools and opportunities for parishioners to reach out and share the faith and invite others to join our Catholic community.
- Life-Long Catechesis — Passing down our faith to our children and continuing to learn about our faith as adults.
- Priestly Retirement Care — Starting an endowment to provide a safety net for our retired diocesan priests’ most critical needs, such as medical emergencies and skilled care.
Four endowments were established within the Catholic Foundation to benefit Leadership Development, Life-Long Catechesis, Evangelization and Priestly Retirement Care.
Nearly 30,000 people contributed almost $40 million to Advancing the Mission, making it the most successful capital campaign in the history of the diocese.