Jesus calls us one by one to help people discover Him. Through the one by One campaign, our goal is to raise $70 million to fund initiatives to support our parishes and Diocesan ministries. As of the time of this writing, the campaign has raised more than $54 million. This is more than 77% to goal. This capital campaign will help strengthen our parishes, grow vocations, lead more people to discover Christ, and bring Jesus to those in need. Here are several examples of how the campaign will accomplish this:
Together, we strengthen our parishes:
- Each parish will conduct its own campaign to address their capital needs and support their ministries.
- Bishop Ricken consecrated a new altar at Nativity of Our Lord Parish in Green Bay, as part of the renewal of their parish sanctuary made possible because of the one by One campaign.
- The campaign helped the Oshkosh community realize their dream of a unified campus for children starting in 4K to grade 12 at Lourdes Academy. In Brillion, Holy Family Parish broke ground on their new learning center.
Growing priestly vocations:
- The campaign supports ministries that plant the seeds of vocations for our young people, including campus ministry and Camp Tekakwitha near Shawano.
- The campaign supports continuing formation for our priests and seminarians through the Priestly Vocation and Education Endowment.
- The campaign helps provide care for senior priests.
Through the one by One campaign, we will lead more people to discover Christ:
- Youth faith formation is most successful when families are engaged and active in their faith. The one by One campaign will support efforts to evangelize and form faith-filled households.
- This part of the campaign invests in our Catholic schools by providing for student tuition assistance, recruitment and retention of staff, and upgrades to school facilities.
The campaign supports efforts to bring the love of Jesus to those in need by:
- Broadening the reach of social services provided by Catholic Charities. Through expanded outreach, Catholic Charities can serve more people who are struggling with addiction, mental health issues and financial concerns.
- The campaign will also address homelessness in our communities through an endowment.
The Catholic Foundation is partnering with our friends from CCS Fundraising to conduct this campaign in every parish. Parishes are organized into blocks. While the pandemic caused a brief pause, the relaunch of this campaign in the past year has been a great success. Block II parishes campaigned from July-December of 2021 and all reached their goal! The 32 parishes in Block III are currently campaigning from January-June of 2022. Block IV parishes will campaign from July-December 2022, and Block V parishes will begin in January 2023 and end in June 2023.
If you have given to the campaign at your parish, thank you! Learn more about the one by One campaign at one.catholicfoundationgb.org/.