Applications can be submitted between October 1 and December 1. Your grant application must be submitted to the Foundation by December 1 to receive consideration for funding in the upcoming year. Distributions are reviewed and approved by the board of directors at their March meeting. All distribution checks are mailed by June 30.
The purpose of this endowment is to provide for Leadership Development, including but not limited to: help in funding current priests studying for advanced degrees to serve specific ministries for the Church of Green Bay, to increase the diaconate formation program; to assist in the education of seminarians toward priesthood; to help with the recruitment and education of new pastoral leaders; to promote and support lay ecclesial vocations such as pastoral associates, director of religious education, parish business managers, liturgical coordinators, youth ministry, and other lay ecclesial ministries.
The purpose of the Catholic Foundation is to encourage Catholic stewardship and generosity through endowment funding and planned giving.This facilitates Catholic activities through grants from the various funds.
Characteristics upon which your grant applications may be judged:
Criteria includes, but not limited to:
1. Advances Christian values and the mission of the Church of Green Bay
2. Meets a priority need in the diocese or parish
3. May be carried out within a regular setting — diocese, parish, school, other Catholic entity
4. Encourages collaboration
5. Is not duplicative
6. When applicable, should be able to continue program/project after the duration of the grant
7. Judiciously uses the grant dollars
8. May be shared with other parts of the Diocese
9. Please note the following items will NOT be considered through this grant process: structural building projects, purchasing computers, books, travel costs or refreshments.
Procedure for requesting a grant:
1. Complete application. Choose the appropriate application blank based on the specific guidelines of each endowment.
2.All parish grant requests must have approval and signature of the pastor/pastoral leader.
3. All internal diocesan grants must be brought forward by the Area Director to the Vicar General/Moderator of the Curia for review and recommendation.
4. All school, religious education requests must be brought forward by the appropriate educational/catechetical leader for review and recommendation.
5. All requests for tuition assistance should be brought forward by the school system instead of individual schools. Stand-alone schools may submit individually.
6. Grant requests are due in the office by December 1. The grant making committee will meet in late February to make recommendations.
7. Grants will be finalized at the March Catholic Foundation Board meeting.
8. Grant monies will be available by June 30 and are expected to be used during the following fiscal year.
9. The grant recipient must acknowledge the Catholic Foundation’s support on all materials or in all presentations, while also working with the Foundation staff on other ways to publicize their program and the Catholic Foundation. Be mindful of the benefit received from the Advancing of the Mission campaign.
10. A final report must be made available to the Catholic Foundation within three months after the completion of the project/program, which outlines whether or not a purpose/objective has been satisfactorily met.