The Lumen Christi Fund is a limited resource. In keeping with the true intent of the fund, the Advisory Board has allocated a percentage of funds to be provided to leaders and future leaders in the catechetical ministry, whether in religious education or a school program. This portion of the funds has been designed to provide people with at least the minimum educational background necessary to function in their role/position/job. Reimbursements will be made at a rate of no more than 80% of the average payment level of Silver Lake College, Marian College for school administration and St. Norbert College for theology. Lumen Christi’s funds will be distributed in priority order as long as money is available:
1. Anyone accepted into any of the Lay Ministry Formation Programs for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry will receive funding for required courses only until they have been certified. (Please be advised that funding is limited and if you can afford to pay any portion on your own please do so, subsequently others of limited means will have monies available to them.)
2. Any person accepted into the Lay Ministry Formation Programs for pastoral ministry, worship/liturgy would receive funding for required courses only until they have been certified and as long as funds are available.
3. Accelerated undergraduate degree – Bachelor is in Theology. Lumen Christi will pay 80% of the credit cost for this Bachelor’s accelerated program.
4. Any person who currently is an administrator in a faith formation program or a school and does not have a Master’s Degree in the appropriate area will be funded for the Masters level, not to exceed 80% of the average cost per credit from St. Norbert College, Silver Lake College and Marian University.
5. Any person who has a Master’s Degree, but does not have a school administrator’s license, will be funded for those courses that would allow the person to be licensed by the state, not to exceed 80% of the average cost per credit.
6. A second Master’s degree will be funded only if the person is already employed in a position that requires a Master’s Degree in another area e.g., a school administrator with a MA who becomes a DRE or a DRE who is employed as a school administrator. Funds would become available not to exceed 80% of the average cost per credit from St. Norbert College, Silver Lake College and Marian University only after the Title II application process has been pursued.
7. Any person who currently serves as a Campus Minister or Youth Ministry Coordinator in a parish/high school/middle school/elementary school or an Administrator of a Catholic School who wishes to receive a Master’s degree in Theology/Youth Ministry will be funded not to exceed 80% of the average cost per credit from St. Norbert College, Silver Lake College and Marian University.
8. Persons involved in catechetical ministry who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree in Theology but need credits as a prerequisite to enter into a Master’s Degree program, will be funded through the Emmaus Program at 100% for theology credits only.
9. Lumen Christi may approve funding for individual courses that would benefit the leadership roles of a Catholic administrator. Lumen Christi will pay tuition not to exceed 80% of the average cost per credit from St. Norbert College, Silver Lake College and Marian University.
10. Lumen Christi no longer funds:
a. The cost of books
b. The cost of fees
c. The pursuit of a PHD
d. Emmaus Program – Business Management track only
e. Assistance for a Bachelor’s Degree, except to complete the programs of those already being funded.
f. Graduate programs not directly related to catechetical leadership. Even if in a religious education program or school.
g. Additional course work that will be used for the purpose of license renewal or certification.
h. No money will be allotted for housing or travel.